Filter by Category
NCPD: Somatic Psychotherapy
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LAC, LMFT, LPC, ACS
DESCRIPTION: Our first experiences of who we are come through the sensorimotor channels of our bodies. Our sense of identity is established by the quality of interactions we have with the people in our environment and the way they mirror back to us the type of world in which we live. Through the developmental process we cultivate a more abstract concept of our self, but the original sensorimotor experiences that shaped our identity form a strong template that continues to inform and shape our perceptions and experiences throughout our lives. Somatic psychology is the study of how these patterns of physical and psychological experience inform and interact with one another through complex and interconnected intrapsychic and interpersonal dynamics that we are only beginning to understand through channels of inquiry such as contemporary neuroscience, attachment theory, and intersubjective psychology. Participants in this training learn basic elements of how the body communicates with the self and the environment by exploring some of the fundamental principles of somatic psychology, including the fascinating relationship between sensation on the bodily level and movement expression in the world. NOTE: This training can be taken independently and is also one of the co-requisites (along with Existential Psychotherapy) for the Noeticus Integrative Gestalt Therapy - Certification Program™ (NIGT-CP).
- DATE: February 11 and 12, 2021 (Thursday & Friday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 15.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to the Noeticus Integrative Gestalt Therapy - Certification Program™ (NIGT-CP).
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read this book by somatic author and explorer Mirka Knaster, available HERE.
- PREREQUISITE(S): None.
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = 10%; Military/Veterans = 15%; Graduate Students = 20%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = 25% (Provided at Check-Out).