Filter by Category
Creative Systems Theory
NCPD: Creative Systems Theory
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LP, LAC, LMFT, LPC, ACS
DESCRIPTION: Creative Systems Theory (CST) is a deepening of contemporary systems theory that was developed by psychiatrist Charles Johnston at the Institute for Creative Development in Seattle, Washington, USA. Creative Systems Theory takes all of the basic premises of General Systems Theory (GST) and adds to it a discussion about how the formative process of inspiration, creation, manifestation, and integration affects all components in an organic, nonlinear, non-mechanistic way. As a strong believer in the need to see old problems in new ways, Johnston developed CST by integrating systems theory with much of the contemporary wisdom found in such diverse areas of study as physics, postmodern philosophy, biology, psychology, diversity studies, spirituality, economics, and the arts. Creative Systems Theory can be used as a powerful framework for assessing many dimensions of a client's therapeutic journey and is especially useful as tool for supporting and engaging clients in the creative process. It can also be a helpful resource for framing learning in diverse educational contexts and for encouraging skill acquisition and mastery at both the personal and professional levels. For this reason, it can serve as an excellent template for supporting graduate students and mental health professionals through various journeys such as writing papers and reports, completing internship and post-graduate training, completing certification programs, and even launching businesses. This experiential training acquaints participants with the CST arc of creative development and invites an appreciation for the gifts and challenges that are associated with each of the phases. As course participants explore each of the points in the creative cycle, they are invited to see the world through the different types of intelligences that are highlighted at each stage of development. They are also encouraged to recognize how all of the phases in creative process work are connected in intricate and potentially inexplicable ways, a phenomenon that Johnston described as creative causality. Creative causality is a fundamental force that guides living systems that is neither mechanistic nor mystical in nature. NOTE: This training can be taken independently and also as part of the Noeticus Organizational and Leadership Development: Level 2 - Practice Endorsement™ (NOLD-PE-2); Save an additional 20% by purchasing the complete NOLD-PE-2 Course Package. Learn more or register HERE.
- DATE: June 15 and 16, 2023 (Thursday & Friday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 15.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Noeticus Organizational and Leadership Development: Level 2 - Practice Endorsement™ (NOLD-PE-2).
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read both this book by psychiatrist and futurist, Charles M. Johnston, MD, available HERE.
- PREREQUISITE(S): None.
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = Save an Additional 10%; Military/Veterans = Save an Additional 15%; Graduate Students = Save an Additional 20%; BBIPOC/LGBTQIA+/Social Justice Rate = Save an Additional 25%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = Save an Additional 30% (Only One Category Available; Discount Provided Automatically at Check-Out).