Filter by Category
F1 - CAS: Advanced Case Conceptualization
NACCTP: Advanced Case Conceptualization
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LP, LAC, MAC, RN, ACS
DESCRIPTION: Client motivation and commitment to treatment begin with the assessment and diagnostic phase that typically occurs during the initial screening and/or intake. This course considers the differences between screening and assessment and the use of assessment instruments. The class also considers the components of the clinical assessment such as a biopsychosocial interview, assessment of risk for self-harm, identification of cultural needs and supports, problem domains, determining the stage of readiness for change, and strengths of the client. Differential diagnosis utilizing the DSM-5® and establishing the resulting level of care for the client will be discussed using the ASAM Criteria. Stages of treatment and systems of care are covered along with key facets of treatment planning. Additionally, this and all addiction counselor classes seek to enhance the ability of the counselor to offer treatment services in a manner that respects gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, cultural, familial, systemic, and socioeconomic diversity. NOTE: This class can be taken independently, as a required course for CAT/CAS/LAC credentialing, and also as part of the Noeticus Professional Addiction Counselor - Certification Program™ (NPAC-CP).
- DATE: November 17 and 18, 2022 (Thursday & Friday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 14.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to CAT/CAS/LAC Credentialing.
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read the Handbook for Addiction Counselors, available HERE.
- CLASS CATEGORY: CAS Class.
- OBH REQUIRED INSTRUCTOR: No (May Apply for Educational Equivalency).
- PREREQUISITE(S): CAT/CAS = Case Conceptualization and Documentation; LAC = N/A (Not Required).
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = Save an Additional 10%; Military/Veterans = Save an Additional 15%; Graduate Students = Save an Additional 20%; BBIPOC/LGBTQIA+/Social Justice Rate = Save an Additional 25%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = Save an Additional 30% (Only One Category Available; Discount Provided Automatically at Check-Out).