Filter by Category
E4 - CAT: Ethical Practice in Addiction Treatment
NACCTP: Ethical Practice in Addiction Treatment
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LP, LAC, MAC, RN, ACS
DESCRIPTION: This training focuses on professional and ethical issues specific to the practice of addiction counseling and the treatment of co-occurring disorders. This training builds and strengthens the student's knowledge of NAADAC’s Code of Ethics along with federal and state rules and regulations that are essential for safe practice. In this class, students are exposed to the Colorado Mental Health Practice Act including the prohibited activities, 42 CFR Part 2, and HIPAA that regulate the practice of psychotherapy including addiction counseling. Students learn about the important roles and activities of OBH (Office of Behavioral Health) and DORA (Department of Regulatory Agencies). Students additionally learn the process of certification and credentialing to legally practice in Colorado. There is an emphasis on developing critical thinking and ethical decision-making skills. Students also learn about the differences between privacy and confidentiality, and exceptions to confidentiality. Additionally, this and all addiction counselor classes seek to enhance the ability of the counselor to offer treatment services in a manner that respects gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, cultural, familial, systemic, and socioeconomic diversity. NOTE: This class can be taken independently, as a required course for CAT/CAS/LAC credentialing, and also as part of the Noeticus Professional Addiction Counselor - Certification Program™ (NPAC-CP).
- DATE: August 9 and 10, 2022 (Tuesday & Wednesday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 14.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to CAC/LAC Credentialing.
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read the Handbook for Addiction Counselors (CAC/LAC), available HERE.
- CLASS CATEGORY: CAT Class.
- OBH REQUIRED INSTRUCTOR: No (May Apply for Educational Equivalency).
- PREREQUISITE(S): CAT/CAS = None; LAC = N/A (Not Required).
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = Save an Additional 10%; Military/Veterans = Save an Additional 15%; Graduate Students = Save an Additional 20%; BBIPOC/LGBTQIA+/Social Justice Rate = Save an Additional 25%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = Save an Additional 30% (Only One Category Available; Discount Provided Automatically at Check-Out).