Filter by Category
Essential Neuroscience for Mental Health Professionals (15 Hours)
in 4k2 - Noeticus Trauma-Informed Care: Level 2 - Practice Endorsement™ (NTIC-PE-2; 45 Contact Hours)
NCPD: Essential Neuroscience for Mental Health Professionals
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LP, LAC, LMFT, LPC, ACS
DESCRIPTION: The central nervous system (CNS), made up of the brain and spinal cord, plays a key role in how our clients perceive, experience, and respond to the world around them. Though hereditary elements and biological predispositions have a significant impact on the functioning of the central nervous system and the subsequent experience of the self, it is also incredibly influenced by a variety of environmental factors such as early experience, social learning, schedules of punishment and reinforcement, current stressors, and availability of resources such as nutrition and medical care. Because all psychotherapy is essential working with the experience of the self - vis-a-vis the reshaping of the central nervous system - it is incumbent on all of us as mental health professionals to have a foundational understanding of the key structures and functions that comprise the central nervous system, how they work together and with the other systems of the body to regulate the individual, and how they can be influenced through psychotherapy to help our clients more effectively reach their mental health-related goals. Through engaging and experiential activities, learners in this training begin with exploring the philosophical relationship between the brain and the mind. They then gain a better understanding of the structures, systems, and functions of the brain and how these relate to the four core theoretical forces in psychotherapy: 1) analytic, 2) cognitive/behavioral, 3) humanistic/existential, and 4) contextual/constructivist. In addition, this training also focuses on applied neuroscience as it relates to the treatment of anxiety, depression, stress and trauma, and addictions and substance use disorders. Finally, learners explore some of the limitations of contemporary neuroscience and how a lack of understanding in this area by uninformed mental health professionals can lead to misinformation and ineffective clinical practice. NOTE: This training can be taken independently and also as part of the Noeticus Science and Technical Excellence - Practice Endorsement™ (NSTE-PE); Save an additional 20% by purchasing the complete NSTE-PE Course Package. Learn more or register HERE.
- DATE: July 21 and 22, 2022 (Thursday & Friday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 15.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to the Noeticus Science and Technical Excellence - Practice Endorsement™ (NSTE-PE).
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read this book by psychologist and counselor educator Chad Luke, PhD, available HERE.
- PREREQUISITE(S): None.
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = Save an Additional 10%; Military/Veterans = Save an Additional 15%; Graduate Students = Save an Additional 20%; BBIPOC/LGBTQIA+/Social Justice Rate = Save an Additional 25%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = Save an Additional 30% (Only One Category Available; Discount Provided Automatically at Check-Out).
- PACKAGE DISCOUNT: In addition to the discounts mentioned above, save an additional 20% by purchasing the complete NSTE-PE Course Package. Learn more or register HERE.