Filter by Category
Dialectical Behavior Therapy® (15.0 Hours)
in 4k2 - Noeticus Trauma-Informed Care: Level 2 - Practice Endorsement™ (NTIC-PE-2; 45 Contact Hours)
NCPD: DBT® Facilitator Training
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LP, LAC, LMFT, LPC, ACS
DESCRIPTION: Dialectical Behavior Therapy® (DBT®) is a skills-based, psychoeducational model designed to help clients learn and practice basic tools for managing compulsive, addictive, and self-harming behaviors; intrusive thoughts; intense or overwhelming feelings; chronic feelings of emptiness; ongoing relationship crises; and other painful experiences. Rooted in principles of mindfulness practice, existential philosophy, developmental psychology, and cognitive/behavioral therapy, DBT® skills training is particularly helpful to clients in the early stages of any kind of recovery process or those who find themselves stuck in destructive patterns that are hard to break, though its current applications far exceed that historical focus. This training introduces the theoretical framework of DBT® and the Four Basic Skills Modules that clients learn in DBT® Skills Training. These are: 1) Mindfulness; 2) Distress Tolerance; 3) Emotion Regulation; and 4) Interpersonal Effectiveness. It also reviews the Auxiliary Modules that include the General Skills and Middle Path or Dialectical Thinking Skills. NOTE: This training can be taken independently and also as part of the Noeticus Evidence-Based Approaches - Practice Endorsement™ (NEBA-PE) and/or the more comprehensive Noeticus Counselor Training and Practice - Certification Program™ (NCTP-CP); Save an additional 20% by purchasing the complete NEBA-PE Course Package. Learn more or register HERE.
- DATE: August 26 and 27, 2023 (Saturday & Sunday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 15.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to DBT® Certification; Applicable to the Noeticus Evidence-Based Approaches - Practice Endorsement™ (NEBA-PE).
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read this book by DBT® developer Marsha Linehan, PhD, available HERE.
- PREREQUISITE(S): None.
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = Save an Additional 10%; Military/Veterans = Save an Additional 15%; Graduate Students = Save an Additional 20%; BBIPOC/LGBTQIA+/Social Justice Rate = Save an Additional 25%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = Save an Additional 30% (Only One Category Available; Discount Provided Automatically at Check-Out).
- PACKAGE DISCOUNT: In addition to the discounts mentioned above, save an additional 20% by purchasing the complete NEBA-PE Course Package. Learn more or register HERE.