NACCTP: Trauma-Informed Care for Diverse Populations
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LP, LAC, MAC, RN, ACS
DESCRIPTION: This class will introduce the counselor to the concept of trauma-informed care, an approach that is being adopted more frequently within the human services fields based upon an increased awareness of the ways in which trauma impacts functioning. It will describe and define what trauma-informed care is and ways in which a traditional treatment setting can be modified to increase the sense of safety experienced by clients. Participants will learn how to incorporate trauma-informed practices into treatment with diverse populations, such as military veterans, women, people with co-occurring disorders and other groups. Although trauma treatment approaches will be considered, this class will not teach how to do trauma specific-treatment. Additionally, this and all addiction counselor classes seek to enhance the ability of the counselor to offer treatment services in a manner that respects gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, cultural, familial, systemic, and socioeconomic diversity. NOTE: This class can be taken independently, as a required course for CAT/CAS/LAC credentialing, as part of the Noeticus Trauma-Informed Care - Practice Endorsement™ (NTIC-PE), and also as part of the Noeticus Addiction and Recovery Therapy - Certification Program™ (NART-CP); Save an additional 20% by purchasing the complete NART-CP Course Package. Learn more or register HERE.
- DATE: November 12 and 13, 2024 (Tuesday & Wednesday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 14.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to CAC/LAC Credentialing; Applicable to the Noeticus Trauma-Informed Care - Practice Endorsement™ (NTIC-PE); Applicable to the Noeticus Addiction and Recovery Therapy - Certification Program™ (NART-CP).
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read the Handbook for Addiction Counselors (CAC/LAC), available HERE.
- CLASS CATEGORY: CAT Class.
- BHA REQUIRED INSTRUCTOR: No (May Apply for Educational Equivalency).
- PREREQUISITE(S): CAT/CAS = None; LAC = N/A (Not Required).
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = Save an Additional 10%; Military/Veterans = Save an Additional 15%; Graduate Students = Save an Additional 20%; BBIPOC/LGBTQIA+/Social Justice Rate = Save an Additional 25%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = Save an Additional 30% (Only One Category Available; Discount Provided Automatically at Check-Out).
Nov 12 - 13th, 2024
Tue - Wed from 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Noeticus Addiction Counselor Clinical Training Program™ (NACCTP)
Zoom Live-Streaming Platform
Denver, CO 80207 Get directions
Room: Zoom Live-Streaming Platform