NCPD: Tending the Business of Psychotherapy
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LP, LAC, LMFT, LPC, ACS
DESCRIPTION: Mental health professionals work in a diverse array of practice settings ranging from not-for-profit community mental health centers to corporate-based hospitals and treatment centers to self-owned individual and group practices. In all of these contexts, having strong clinical skills and a well-defined professional identity are clearly important attributes required by mental health professionals to support the success of and opportunities within their various practice contexts, but they are not enough. In addition to clinical skills and professional identity, strong administrative effectiveness skills and an associated entrepreneurial spirit are also required because they serve as the foundation for allowing the other two skills to flourish. In other words, without good administrative skills, it doesn’t matter how well one does in the other two areas because if the business doesn’t survive, no services can be provided. Unfortunately, most graduate programs focusing on training mental health professionals offer very little if any opportunities to learn about the business side of owning, managing, or even working within the general mental health delivery system and this is often an unrecognized threat to the long-term viability of both the staff and the programs within the mental health delivery system. As a partial remedy for that oversight, this training walks practitioners through some essential administrative practices for successfully establishing and maintaining the business side of a mental health delivery practice or program. These include creating/refining a vision and mission statement, selecting a business structure, developing a business plan, establishing a business budget, setting up business systems (like checking accounts, credit card processing, etc.), understanding human resources, practice marketing and promotion strategies, succession and legacy planning, and much more. During the training, participants work alone and in small groups to develop the tools needed for their individual practice locations and everyone will leave with a treasure chest of resources they can come back to for further exploration and deepening. NOTE: This training can be taken independently and also as part of the Noeticus Administrative and Business Effectiveness - Practice Endorsement™ (NABE-PE) and/or the more comprehensive Noeticus Counselor Training and Practice - Certification Program™ (NCTP-CP); Save an additional 20% by purchasing the complete NABE-PE Course Package. Learn more or register HERE.
- DATE: June 27 and 28, 2022 (Monday & Tuesday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 15.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to the Noeticus Administrative and Business Effectiveness - Practice Endorsement™ (NABE-PE) and/or the more comprehensive Noeticus Counselor Training and Practice - Certification Program™ (NCTP-CP).
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read this book by psychotherapist and business consultant, Howard Baumgarten, LPC, available HERE.
- PREREQUISITE(S): None.
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = Save an Additional 10%; Military/Veterans = Save an Additional 15%; Graduate Students = Save an Additional 20%; BBIPOC/LGBTQIA+/Social Justice Rate = Save an Additional 25%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = Save an Additional 30% (Only One Category Available; Discount Provided Automatically at Check-Out).
- PACKAGE DISCOUNTS: In addition to the discounts mentioned above, save an additional 20% by purchasing the complete NABE-PE Course Package. Learn more or register HERE.
Jun 27 - 28th, 2022
Mon - Tue from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Noeticus Center for Professional Development™ (NCPD)
Zoom Live-Streaming Platform
Denver, CO 80207 Get directions
Room: Training Room