NCPD: Somatic Psychotherapy
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LP, LAC, LMFT, LPC, ACS
DESCRIPTION: Our first experiences of who we are come through the sensorimotor channels of our bodies. Our sense of identity is established by the quality of interactions we have with the people in our environment and the way they mirror back to us the type of world in which we live. Through the developmental process we cultivate a more abstract concept of our self, but the original sensorimotor experiences that shaped our identity form a strong template that continues to inform and shape our perceptions and experiences throughout our lives. Somatic psychology is the study of how these patterns of physical and psychological experience inform and interact with one another through complex and interconnected intrapsychic and interpersonal dynamics that we are only beginning to understand through channels of inquiry such as contemporary neuroscience, attachment theory, and intersubjective psychology. Participants in this training learn basic elements of how the body communicates with the self and the environment by exploring some of the fundamental principles of somatic psychology, including the fascinating relationship between sensation on the bodily level and movement expression in the world. NOTE: This training can be taken independently and also as part of the Noeticus Integrative Gestalt Therapy - Practice Endorsement™ (NIGT-PE) and/or the more comprehensive Noeticus Integrative Gestalt Therapy - Certification Program™ (NIGT-CP); Save an additional 20% by purchasing the complete NIGT-PE Course Package. Learn more or register HERE.
- DATE: February 11 and 12, 2023 (Saturday & Sunday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 15.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to the Noeticus Integrative Gestalt Therapy - Certification Program™ (NIGT-CP).
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read this book by somatic author and explorer Mirka Knaster, available HERE.
- PREREQUISITE(S): None.
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = Save an Additional 10%; Military/Veterans = Save an Additional 15%; Graduate Students = Save an Additional 20%; BBIPOC/LGBTQIA+/Social Justice Rate = Save an Additional 25%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = Save an Additional 30% (Only One Category Available; Discount Provided Automatically at Check-Out).
- PACKAGE DISCOUNT: In addition to the discounts mentioned above, save an additional 20% by purchasing the complete NIGT-PE Course Package. Learn more or register HERE.
Feb 11 - 12th, 2023
Sun and Sat from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Noeticus Center for Professional Development™ (NCPD)
Zoom Live-Streaming Platform
Denver, CO 80207 Get directions
Room: Zoom Live-Streaming Platform