NCPD: Somatic Psychotherapy
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LAC, LMFT, LPC, ACS
DESCRIPTION: Our first experiences of who we are come through the sensorimotor channels of our bodies. Our sense of identity is established by the quality of interactions we have with the people in our environment and the way they mirror back to us the type of world in which we live. Through the developmental process we cultivate a more abstract concept of our self, but the original sensorimotor experiences that shaped our identity form a strong template that continues to inform and shape our perceptions and experiences throughout our lives. Somatic psychology is the study of how these patterns of physical and psychological experience inform and interact with one another through complex and interconnected intrapsychic and interpersonal dynamics that we are only beginning to understand through channels of inquiry such as contemporary neuroscience, attachment theory, and intersubjective psychology. Participants in this training learn basic elements of how the body communicates with the self and the environment by exploring some of the fundamental principles of somatic psychology, including the fascinating relationship between sensation on the bodily level and movement expression in the world. NOTE: This training can be taken independently or as one of the pre/co-requisites for the Noeticus Integrative Gestalt Therapy Certification Program™ (NIGTCP).
- DATE: August 1 and 2, 2019 (Thursday & Friday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 15.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to Integrative Gestalt Therapy Certification.
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read this book by somatic author and explorer Mirka Knaster, available HERE.
- PREREQUISITE(S): None.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = 10%; Military/Veterans = 15%; Graduate Students = 20%; Noeticus Staff/Alums = 25% (Provided at Check-Out).
Aug 1 - 2nd, 2019
Thu - Fri from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Noeticus Center for Professional Development™ (NCPD)
303-399-9988 x 510
Holiday Inn Stapleton :: 3333 Quebec Street
Denver, CO 80207-2322 Get directions
Room: Golden Room