NCPD: MI I Training for MHPs
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LP, LAC, LMFT, LPC, ACS
DESCRIPTION: Motivational Interviewing (MI) is an evidence-based practice originally developed for the treatment of substance use disorders, but has been found to support many other types of behavioral change as well. MI focuses on exploring and resolving therapeutic ambivalence by engaging motivational processes within the client that facilitate change. By looking at the change process that clients are embarking upon as one that has both positive and negative attributes, the MI approach has the tendency to dispel power struggles between therapist and client and dissolve notions such as "resistance" and "non-compliance." Because only about 10-15% of the people wanting to make a change are actually at a place where they are ready, willing, and able to make those changes, it is crucial for mental health professionals to have an understanding of what the change process looks like, how to assess clients for their stage of change, and determine the therapeutic skills and interventions that are most effective at each stage of change. Motivational Interviewing provides just such a framework and therefore significantly increases the chances of making a positive impact on the other 85-90% of individuals who are involved in the change process. NOTE: This training is not OBH-approved and cannot be taken to meet CAC/LAC requirements. Look under our NACCTP course list for that MI class. It can be taken independently and also as part of the Noeticus Evidence-Based Approaches - Practice Endorsement™ (NEBA-PE) and/or the more comprehensive Noeticus Counselor Training and Practice - Certification Program™ (NCTP-CP); Save an additional 20% by purchasing the complete NEBA-PE Course Package. Learn more or register HERE.
- DATE: October 15 and 16, 2022 (Saturday & Sunday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 15.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to the Noeticus Evidence-Based Approaches - Practice Endorsement™ (NEBA-PE). (NOTE: The NCPD MI training is not OBH-approved and cannot be taken to meet CAC/LAC requirements. Look under our NACCTP course list for that MI class.)
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read this book by the founders and developers of MI, William R. Miller, PhD, and Stephen Rollnick, PhD, available HERE.
- PREREQUISITE(S): None.
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = Save an Additional 10%; Military/Veterans = Save an Additional 15%; Graduate Students = Save an Additional 20%; BBIPOC/LGBTQIA+/Social Justice Rate = Save an Additional 25%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = Save an Additional 30% (Only One Category Available; Discount Provided Automatically at Check-Out).
- PACKAGE DISCOUNT: In addition to the discounts mentioned above, save an additional 20% by purchasing the complete NEBA-PE Course Package. Learn more or register HERE.
Oct 15 - 16th, 2022
Sun and Sat from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Noeticus Center for Professional Development™ (NCPD)
Zoom Live-Streaming Platform
Denver, CO 80207 Get directions
Room: Training Room