NCPD: Developing a Training Program
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LP, LAC, LMFT, LPC, ACS
DESCRIPTION: As part of their desire to give back to the next generation of practitioners, or perhaps out of a commitment to social justice and serving under-resourced populations, or maybe even as a strategy for growing their business or program, many mental health professionals find themselves at some point in their career where they are essentially running a training program. This can happen both willingly or reluctantly as well as intentionally or accidentally. Of course, the most successful combination is choosing to willingly create or manage a training program in a way that intentionally or deliberately takes into account the growth and development of trainees across the arc of time in which they are training. Many people equate such training programs with pre-graduation requirements such as practicum and internship placements, which of course is accurate. At the same time, however, it's important to consider that a training program might also apply to licensure candidates who are post-graduate but pre-licensure, newly hired staff or employees, new teams of seasoned professionals working together in a different way, and many other such configurations. Using the Noeticus Counselor Training and Practice Triangle™ as a structural guide, and building on the developmental and integrative models of supervision explored in Clinical Supervision I, Clinical Supervision II, and Clinical Supervision III (which are prerequisites for this training), this advanced training supports managers and supervisors who want to start a training program - or who are already running a training program - in setting things up so that important administrative, clinical, and professional benchmarks are met in a developmentally-sequenced and coherent fashion. The course is divided into three functional domains: 1) getting things off to a good start with an emphasis on the supervisor activating the teacher role; 2) helping things deepen and grow with an emphasis on the supervisor using the counselor role; and 3) bringing things to an integrated and meaningful closure with an emphasis on the supervisor enlisting the consultant role. There will be a plethora of ideas and resources shared that are pertinent to each of these training domains and course participants will also have the opportunity to work alone and in teams to generate some of their own ideas based on the hopes, needs, and goals they have for their own various training programs. NOTE: This training can be taken independently and also as part of the Noeticus Administrative and Business Effectiveness - Practice Endorsement™ (NABE-PE) and/or the more comprehensive Noeticus Counselor Training and Practice - Certification Program™ (NCTP-CP); Save an additional 20% by purchasing the complete NABE-PE Course Package. Learn more or register HERE.
- DATE: July 25 and 26, 2022 (Monday & Tuesday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 15.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to the Noeticus Administrative and Business Effectiveness - Practice Endorsement™ (NABE-PE) and/or the more comprehensive Noeticus Counselor Training and Practice - Certification Program™ (NCTP-CP).
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read this book by counselor educators and internship coordinators, Mary A. King, EdD, and H. Frederick Sweitzer, EdD, available HERE.
- PREREQUISITE(S): Clinical Supervision I (ACS™ or LAC), Clinical Supervision II (ACS™ or LAC), and Clinical Supervision III (ACS™).
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = Save an Additional 10%; Military/Veterans = Save an Additional 15%; Graduate Students = Save an Additional 20%; BBIPOC/LGBTQIA+/Social Justice Rate = Save an Additional 25%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = Save an Additional 30% (Only One Category Available; Discount Provided Automatically at Check-Out).
- PACKAGE DISCOUNTS: In addition to the discounts mentioned above, save an additional 20% by purchasing the complete NABE-PE Course Package. Learn more or register HERE.
Jul 25 - 26th, 2022
Mon - Tue from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Noeticus Center for Professional Development™ (NCPD)
Zoom Live-Streaming Platform
Denver, CO 80207 Get directions
Room: Training Room