NCPD: DBT® Facilitator Training
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LAC, LMFT, LPC, ACS
Only 3 days left to register!
DESCRIPTION: Dialectical Behavior Therapy® (DBT®) is a skills-based, psychoeducational model designed to help clients learn and practice basic tools for managing compulsive, addictive, and self-harming behaviors; intrusive thoughts; intense or overwhelming feelings; chronic feelings of emptiness; ongoing relationship crises; and other painful experiences. Rooted in principles of mindfulness practice, existential philosophy, developmental psychology, and cognitive/behavioral therapy, DBT® skills training is particularly helpful to clients in the early stages of any kind of recovery process or those who find themselves stuck in destructive patterns that are hard to break, though its current applications far exceed that historical focus. This training introduces the theoretical framework of DBT® and the Four Basic Skills Modules that clients learn in DBT® Skills Training. These are: 1) Mindfulness; 2) Distress Tolerance; 3) Emotion Regulation; and 4) Interpersonal Effectiveness. It also reviews the Auxiliary Modules that include the General Skills and Middle Path or Dialectical Thinking Skills. NOTE: This training can be taken independently, as an educational requirement for DBT® certification, and also as part of the Noeticus Evidence-Based Approaches in Clinical Practice Certificate™ (NEBACPC).
- DATE: November 3 and 4, 2020 (Tuesday & Wednesday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 15.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to DBT® Certification; Applicable to the Noeticus Evidence-Based Approaches in Clinical Practice Certificate™ (NEBACPC).
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read this book by DBT® developer Marsha Linehan, PhD, available HERE.
- PREREQUISITE(S): None.
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = 10%; Military/Veterans = 15%; Graduate Students = 20%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = 25% (Provided at Check-Out).
Nov 3 - 4th, 2020
Tue - Wed from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Noeticus Center for Professional Development™ (NCPD)
303-399-9988 x 510
Zoom Live-Streaming Platform
Denver, CO 80207 Get directions
Room: Training Room