NCPD: Clinical Supervision I - Weekend (ACS™)
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LAC, LMFT, LPC, ACS
Only 3 days left to register!
DESCRIPTION: In Colorado (and many other states), the only legal requirement to provide clinical supervision is having an active mental health license. Because of that, many mental health practitioners become clinical supervisors immediately upon receiving their licenses without having any additional training in the specialized counseling practice of clinical supervision. Functionally, this often translates into new supervisors using counseling skills to work with new supervisees instead of supervision skills, a scenario that isn't always very effective or even helpful. As an antidote to this serious problem within all of the mental health professions, the Center for Credentialing and Education (CCE); An affiliate of the National Board for Certified Counselors [NBCC]) developed the voluntary Approved Clinical Supervisor™ (ACS™) credential. This training is the first part of a three-part series covering the theory and practice of clinical supervision, all of which (when taken together) meet the training requirements for the ACS™ through the CCE. During our Clinical Supervision I training, participants learn the theoretical foundations. During our Clinical Supervision II training, participants build upon their theoretical foundations and add to them practical skills. Finally, during our Clinical Supervision III training, participants integrate the principles and theory they learned in Clinical Supervision I with the advanced concepts and skills taught in Clinical Supervision II and apply them in an experiential format. NOTE: This training can be taken as an educational requirement for ACS™ Certification through the CCE and also as part of the Noeticus Intentional Clinical Supervision in Clinical Practice Certificate™ (NICSCPC).
- DATE: August 8 and 9, 2020 (Saturday & Sunday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 15.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to ACS™ Certification through the CCE; Applicable to the Noeticus Intentional Clinical Supervision in Clinical Practice Certificate™ (NICSCPC).
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read this book by counselor educators and supervisors Gerald Corey, PhD, Robert Haynes, PhD, Patrice Moulton, PhD, and Michelle Muratori, PhD, available HERE.
- PREREQUISITE(S): Clinical Supervision I = None; Clinical Supervision II = Clinical Supervision I; Clinical Supervision III = Clinical Supervision I & II (ACS or through our CAC/LAC Track).
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = 10%; Military/Veterans = 15%; Graduate Students = 20%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = 25% (Provided at Check-Out).
Aug 8 - 9th, 2020
Sun and Sat from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Noeticus Center for Professional Development™ (NCPD)
303-399-9988 x 510
Zoom Live-Streaming Platform
Denver, CO 80207 Get directions
Room: Training Room