NACCTP: Treating Diverse Populations
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LP, LAC, MAC, RN, ACS
DESCRIPTION: Addiction counselors work to improve people’s lives by identifying and treating the effects of substance abuse disorders. Addiction counselors may work with people from the general public – and they may also specialize in specific populations, such as gender specific, language or culture specific, race or ethnicity identified groups, persons involved in the criminal justice system, families, older adults, LGBTQIA+ clients, veterans, people impacted by the opioid overuse epidemic, people experiencing homelessness, and many more. This course provides a more in-depth overview of the diverse populations in the addiction treatment realm. Additionally, this and all addiction counselor classes seek to enhance the ability of the counselor to offer treatment services in a manner that respects gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, cultural, familial, systemic, and socioeconomic diversity. NOTE: This class can be taken independently, as a required course for CAT/CAS/LAC credentialing, and also as part of the Noeticus Professional Addiction Counselor - Certification Program™ (NPAC-CP); Save an additional 20% by purchasing the complete NPAC-CP Course Package. Learn more or register HERE.
- DATE: June 3 and 4, 2024 (Monday & Tuesday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 14.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to CAT/CAS/LAC Credentialing; Applicable to the Noeticus Professional Addiction Counselor - Certification Program™ (NICS-CP).
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read the Handbook for Addiction Counselors, available HERE.
- CLASS CATEGORY: CAS Class.
- BHA REQUIRED INSTRUCTOR: No (May Apply for Educational Equivalency).
- PREREQUISITE(S): CAT/CAS = None; LAC = N/A (Not Required).
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = Save an Additional 10%; Military/Veterans = Save an Additional 15%; Graduate Students = Save an Additional 20%; BBIPOC/LGBTQIA+/Social Justice Rate = Save an Additional 25%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = Save an Additional 30% (Only One Category Available; Discount Provided Automatically at Check-Out).
Jun 3 - 4th, 2024
Mon - Tue from 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Noeticus Addiction Counselor Clinical Training Program™ (NACCTP)
Zoom Live-Streaming Platform
Denver, CO 80207 Get directions
Room: Zoom Live-Streaming Platform