NACCTP: Treating Diverse Populations
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LAC, LMFT, LPC, RN
DESCRIPTION: Addiction counselors work to improve people’s lives by identifying and treating the effects of substance abuse disorders. Addiction counselors may work with people from the general public – and they may also specialize in specific populations, such as gender specific, language or culture specific, race or ethnicity identified groups, persons involved in the criminal justice system, families, older adults, LGBTQIA clients, veterans, people impacted by the opioid overuse epidemic, people experiencing homelessness, and many more. This course provides a more in-depth overview of the diverse populations in the addiction treatment realm. Additionally, this and all addiction counselor classes seek to enhance the ability of the counselor to offer treatment services in a manner that respects gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, cultural, familial, systemic, and socioeconomic diversity. NOTE: This class can be taken independently, as a required course for CAT/CAS/LAC credentialing, and also as part of the Noeticus Professional Addiction Counselor - Certification Program™ (NPAC-CP).
- DATE: June 7 and 8, 2021 (Monday & Tuesday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 14.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to CAT/CAS/LAC Credentialing.
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read the Handbook for Addiction Counselors, available HERE.
- CLASS CATEGORY: CAS/LAC Class.
- OBH REQUIRED INSTRUCTOR: No (May Apply for Educational Equivalency).
- PREREQUISITE(S): None.
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = 10%; Military/Veterans = 15%; Graduate Students = 20%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = 25% (Provided at Check-Out).
Jun 7 - 8th, 2021
Mon - Tue from 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Noeticus Addiction Counselor Clinical Training Program™ (NACCTP)
303-399-9988 x 505
Zoom Live-Streaming Platform
Denver, CO 80207 Get directions
Room: Training Room