NACCTP: Trauma-Informed Care for Diverse Populations
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LAC, LMFT, LPC, RN
DESCRIPTION: This class will introduce the counselor to the concept of trauma-informed care, an approach that is being adopted more frequently within the human services fields based upon an increased awareness of the ways in which trauma impacts functioning. It will describe and define what trauma-informed care is and ways in which a traditional treatment setting can be modified to increase the sense of safety experienced by clients. Participants will learn how to incorporate trauma-informed practices into treatment with diverse populations, such as military veterans, women, people with co-occurring disorders and other groups. Although trauma treatment approaches will be considered, this class will not teach how to do trauma specific-treatment.
- DATE: November 19 and 20, 2020 (Thursday & Friday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 14.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to CAC/LAC Credentialing.
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read the Handbook for Addiction Counselors (CAC/LAC), available HERE.
- PREREQUISITE(S): Pathways 1 & 2 = None; Pathway 2 Elective.
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = 10%; Military/Veterans = 15%; Graduate Students = 20%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = 25% (Provided at Check-Out).
Nov 19 - 20th, 2020
Thu - Fri from 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Noeticus Addiction Counselor Clinical Training Program™ (NACCTP)
303-399-9988 x 505
Zoom Live-Streaming Platform
Denver, CO 80207 Get directions
Room: Training Room