NACCTP: Trauma-Informed Care with Diverse Populations
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LAC, LMFT, LPC, RN
DESCRIPTION: This class will introduce the counselor to the concept of trauma-informed care, an approach that is being adopted more frequently within the human services fields based upon an increased awareness of the ways in which trauma impacts functioning. It will describe and define what trauma-informed care is and ways in which a traditional treatment setting can be modified to increase the sense of safety experienced by clients. Participants will learn how to incorporate trauma-informed practices into treatment with diverse populations, such as military veterans, women, people with co-occurring disorders and other groups. Although trauma treatment approaches will be considered, this class will not teach how to do trauma-specific treatment.
- DATE: November 21 and 22, 2019 (Thursday & Friday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 14.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to CAC/LAC Credentialing.
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read the Handbook for Addiction Counselors (CAC/LAC), available HERE.
- PREREQUISITE(S): Pathways 1 & 2 = None; Pathway 2 Elective.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = 10%; Military/Veterans = 15%; Graduate Students = 20%; Noeticus Staff/Alums = 25% (Provided at Check-Out).
Nov 21 - 22nd, 2019
Thu - Fri from 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Noeticus Addiction Counselor Clinical Training Program™ (NACCTP)
303-399-9988 x 505
Holiday Inn Stapleton :: 3333 Quebec Street
Denver, CO 80207-2322 Get directions
Room: Golden Room