NACCTP: Advanced Professional Ethics (Professional Ethics II)
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LAC, LMFT, LPC, RN
DESCRIPTION: This class will provide participants with a comprehensive overview of ethical and risk management issues related to addiction treatment services with a special emphasis on professional conduct and professional boundaries, to include boundary crossings and boundary violations. Dual relationships will be discussed within the context of clinical integrity and effectiveness. This class will focus on issues of professional distance, modeling and maintaining of healthy therapeutic boundaries, and appropriate use of counselor self-disclosure. This class will also discuss standards of care as defined in statutes, licensing board regulations, case law, code of ethics of professional associations, and community norms. Guidelines for ethical risk management will be presented. The ethics of delivering professional counseling services to persons of culturally diverse backgrounds will be discussed along with issues pertaining to professional readiness and professional development.
- DATE: December 17 and 18, 2020 (Thursday & Friday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 14.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to CAC/LAC Credentialing.
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read the Handbook for Addiction Counselors (CAC/LAC), available HERE.
- PREREQUISITE(S): Pathway 1 = Professional Ethics I; Pathway 2 = None.
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
Dec 17 - 18th, 2020
Thu - Fri from 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Noeticus Addiction Counselor Clinical Training Program™ (NACCTP)
303-399-9988 x 505
Zoom Live-Streaming Platform
Denver, CO 80207 Get directions
Room: Training Room