NACCTP: Motivational Interviewing
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LAC, LMFT, LPC, RN
only 4 seats left
DESCRIPTION: “Motivational interviewing (MI) is a client‐centered collaborative style of conversation designed to strengthen a person’s motivation for and commitment to change. MI is counselor‐guided in that the counselor is skilled at managing ambivalence, eliciting change‐talk, and honoring the client’s autonomy about taking the next step toward a commonly agreed-upon goal” (Miller & Rollnick, 2010). Over 385 studies to date have demonstrated the effectiveness of the model at increasing client engagement, retention, compliance, and improving treatment outcomes. The Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT) has identified MI as a best practice within the addiction treatment field. The CAC Clinical Training Program at the Colorado Office of Behavioral Health (OBH) is committed to a process of integrating the Motivational Interviewing style, spirit, and strategies into all levels of training and to supporting clinical supervision of motivational interviewing as a counseling style.
- DATE: December 11, 12, and 13, 2019 (Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 21.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to CAC/LAC Credentialing.
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read the Handbook for Addiction Counselors (CAC/LAC), available HERE.
- PREREQUISITE(S): Pathway 1 = Addiction Counseling Skills; Pathway 2 = None.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = 10%; Military/Veterans = 15%; Graduate Students = 20%; Noeticus Staff/Alums = 25% (Provided at Check-Out).
Dec 11 - 13th, 2019
Wed - Fri from 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Noeticus Addiction Counselor Clinical Training Program™ (NACCTP)
303-399-9988 x 505
Holiday Inn Stapleton :: 3333 Quebec Street
Denver, CO 80207-2322 Get directions
Room: Golden Room