NACCTP: Infectious Diseases in Addiction Treatment
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LAC, LMFT, LPC, RN
DESCRIPTION: This class emphasizes the higher risk of infectious diseases among people who have substance use problems. Anyone who is misusing substances is at higher risk for contracting and spreading infectious diseases. Understanding of diseases that might affect clients who are addicted to alcohol and other substances is a cornerstone of addiction counseling. The class helps prepare addiction professionals to screen and identify such diseases, determine client risk for infection, educate clients about disease prevention and treatment options, and assist clients in obtaining appropriate treatment as needed. Additionally, this and all addiction counselor classes seek to enhance the ability of the counselor to offer treatment services in a manner that respects gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, cultural, familial, systemic, and socioeconomic diversity. NOTE: This class can be taken independently, as a required course for CAT/CAS/LAC credentialing, and also as part of the Noeticus Professional Addiction Counselor - Certification Program™ (NPAC-CP).
- DATE: July 15 and 16, 2021 (Thursday & Friday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 14.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to CAC/LAC Credentialing.
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read the Handbook for Addiction Counselors (CAC/LAC), available HERE.
- CLASS CATEGORY: CAS/LAC.
- OBH REQUIRED INSTRUCTOR: Yes.
- PREREQUISITE(S): None.
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = 10%; Military/Veterans = 15%; Graduate Students = 20%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = 25% (Provided at Check-Out).
Jul 15 - 16th, 2021
Thu - Fri from 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Noeticus Addiction Counselor Clinical Training Program™ (NACCTP)
303-399-9988 x 505
Zoom Live-Streaming Platform
Denver, CO 80207 Get directions
Room: Training Room