NACCTP: Group Counseling Skills
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LAC, LMFT, LPC, RN
DESCRIPTION: Group therapy is a powerful tool in delivering addiction treatment services. Groups have many therapeutic elements and effects that draw people into the culture of recovery. Groups provide useful information, allow one or two therapists, depending on group size, to facilitate the group process which helps a number of clients simultaneously, and provides positive peer support and pressure for recovery. This class will help the aspiring addiction counselor to understand the use of group therapy in the addiction treatment field and be able to demonstrate the skills necessary to facilitate a therapy group. The class will focus on the group process and will discuss diversity within groups as well as the many challenges a group leader may face. The class will also present models of effective group practice.
- DATE: June 3, 4, and 5, 2020 (Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 21.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to CAC/LAC Credentialing.
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read the Handbook for Addiction Counselors (CAC/LAC), available HERE.
- PREREQUISITE(S): Pathways 1 & 2 = None.
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = 10%; Military/Veterans = 15%; Graduate Students = 20%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = 25% (Provided at Check-Out).
Jun 3 - 5th, 2020
Wed - Fri from 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Noeticus Addiction Counselor Clinical Training Program™ (NACCTP)
303-399-9988 x 505
Holiday Inn Stapleton :: 3333 Quebec Street
Denver, CO 80207-2322 Get directions
Room: Training Room