NACCTP: Co-Occurring Disorders
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LP, LAC, MAC, RN, ACS
DESCRIPTION: This class presents the basics of working with clients with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders. There is a growing need to recognize and address the interrelationship of these disorders, along with the medical implications for the client, through the use of specialized approaches and integration of treatment. This class addresses clinical assessment, treatment philosophy, intervention strategies, and guidelines for best practices for providing integrated treatment with co-occurring disorders. It includes an introduction to the DSM-5-TR™ diagnostic criteria for the mental disorders most often seen with substance use and behavioral addiction disorders, along with a discussion of the changes to substance use diagnoses that were published with the DSM-5®. The essential values, attitudes, and competencies of the counselor working with this population are also discussed. Additionally, this and all addiction counselor classes seek to enhance the ability of the counselor to offer treatment services in a manner that respects gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, cultural, familial, systemic, and socioeconomic diversity. NOTE: This class can be taken independently, as a required course for CAT/CAS/LAC credentialing, and also as part of the Noeticus Addiction and Recovery Therapy: Level 2 - Practice Endorsement™ (NART-PE-2) and/or the more comprehensive Noeticus Addiction and Recovery Therapy - Certification Program™ (NART-CP); Save an additional 20% by purchasing the complete NART-PE-2 Course Package. Learn more or register HERE.
- DATE: August 29 and 30, 2024 (Thursday & Friday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 14.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to CAT/CAS/LAC Credentialing; Applicable to the Noeticus Professional Addiction Counselor - Practice Endorsement™ (NICS-PE) and/or the more comprehensive Noeticus Professional Addiction Counselor - Certification Program™ (NICS-CP).
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read the Handbook for Addiction Counselors, available HERE.
- CLASS CATEGORY: CAS Class.
- BHA REQUIRED INSTRUCTOR: No (May Apply for Educational Equivalency).
- PREREQUISITE(S): CAT/CAS = None; LAC = N/A (Not Required).
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = Save an Additional 10%; Military/Veterans = Save an Additional 15%; Graduate Students = Save an Additional 20%; BBIPOC/LGBTQIA+/Social Justice Rate = Save an Additional 25%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = Save an Additional 30% (Only One Category Available; Discount Provided Automatically at Check-Out).
- PACKAGE DISCOUNT: In addition to the discounts mentioned above, save an additional 20% by purchasing the complete NART-PE-2 Course Package. Learn more or register HERE.
Aug 29 - 30th, 2024
Thu - Fri from 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Noeticus Addiction Counselor Clinical Training Program™ (NACCTP)
Zoom Live-Streaming Platform
Denver, CO 80207 Get directions
Room: Zoom Live-Streaming Platform