NACCTP: Case Conceptualization and Documentation
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LP, LAC, MAC, RN, ACS
DESCRIPTION: Along with Principles of Addiction Treatment and Addiction Counseling Skills, Case Conceptualization and Documentation, is considered to be part of the “Core Curriculum” and basic to the foundational training of an addiction counselor. This class is designed to provide the counselor with an understanding of the clinical record and the continuum of client care that the record documents and tracks. The class presents screening, basic assessment and evaluation, Substance Use Disorder (SUD) diagnostic criteria, ASAM patient placement criteria, introduction to treatment planning, progress note completion, documentation requirements, and basic referral and discharge planning. It emphasizes the confidentiality of the client record and includes releases of information, mandatory disclosure, and informed consent among other things. Additionally, this and all addiction counselor classes seek to enhance the ability of the counselor to offer treatment services in a manner that respects gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, cultural, familial, systemic, and socioeconomic diversity. NOTE: This class can be taken independently, as a required course for CAT/CAS/LAC credentialing, and also as part of the Noeticus Addiction and Recovery Therapy - Certification Program™ (NART-CP); Save an additional 20% by purchasing the complete NART-CP Course Package. Learn more or register HERE.
- DATE: May 16 and 17, 2024 (Thursday & Friday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 14.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to CAT/CAS/LAC Credentialing; Applicable to the Noeticus Addiction and Recovery Therapy - Certification Program™ (NART-CP).
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read the Handbook for Addiction Counselors, available HERE.
- CLASS CATEGORY: CAT Class.
- BHA REQUIRED INSTRUCTOR: No (May Apply for Educational Equivalency).
- PREREQUISITE(S): CAT/CAS = None; LAC = N/A (Not Required).
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = Save an Additional 10%; Military/Veterans = Save an Additional 15%; Graduate Students = Save an Additional 20%; BBIPOC/LGBTQIA+/Social Justice Rate = Save an Additional 25%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = Save an Additional 30% (Only One Category Available; Discount Provided Automatically at Check-Out).
May 16 - 17th, 2024
Thu - Fri from 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Noeticus Addiction Counselor Clinical Training Program™ (NACCTP)
Zoom Live-Streaming Platform
Denver, CO 80207 Get directions
Room: Zoom Live-Streaming Platform