NACCTP: Advanced Professional and Ethical Practice
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LP, LAC, MAC, RN, ACS
only 2 seats left
DESCRIPTION: This class will provide participants with a comprehensive overview of ethical and risk management issues related to addiction treatment services with a special emphasis on professional conduct and professional boundaries, including an emphasis on boundary crossings and boundary violations. Dual relationships will be discussed within the context of clinical integrity and effectiveness. This class will focus on issues of professional distance, the modeling and maintaining of healthy therapeutic boundaries, and the appropriate use of counselor self-disclosure. This class will also discuss standards of care as defined in statutes, licensing board regulations, case law, code of ethics of professional associations, and community norms. Guidelines for ethical risk management will be presented. The ethics of delivering professional counseling services to persons of culturally diverse backgrounds will be discussed along with issues pertaining to professional readiness and professional development. Additionally, this and all addiction counselor classes seek to enhance the ability of the counselor to offer treatment services in a manner that respects gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, cultural, familial, systemic, and socioeconomic diversity. NOTE: This class can be taken independently, as a required course for CAT/CAS/LAC credentialing, and also as part of the Noeticus Professional Addiction Counselor - Certification Program™ (NPAC-CP); Save an additional 20% by purchasing the complete NPAC-CP Course Package. Learn more or register HERE.
- DATE: December 14 and 15, 2023 (Thursday & Friday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 14.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to CAT/CAS/LAC Credentialing; Applicable to the Noeticus Professional Addiction Counselor - Certification Program™ (NICS-CP).
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read the Handbook for Addiction Counselors (CAC/LAC), available HERE.
- CLASS CATEGORY: CAS/LAC Class.
- BHA REQUIRED INSTRUCTOR: Yes.
- PREREQUISITE(S): CAT/CAS = Ethical Practice in Addiction Treatment; LAC = None.
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = Save an Additional 10%; Military/Veterans = Save an Additional 15%; Graduate Students = Save an Additional 20%; BBIPOC/LGBTQIA+/Social Justice Rate = Save an Additional 25%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = Save an Additional 30% (Only One Category Available; Discount Provided Automatically at Check-Out).
Dec 14 - 15th, 2023
Thu - Fri from 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Noeticus Addiction Counselor Clinical Training Program™ (NACCTP)
Zoom Live-Streaming Platform
Denver, CO 80207 Get directions
Room: Zoom Live-Streaming Platform