NACCTP: Advanced Pharmacology
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LP, LAC, MAC, RN, ACS
DESCRIPTION: Neuroscience and genetic research on addiction continues to make significant progress toward understanding the changes in the brain that underlie drug use and behaviors. The research has the potential to significantly affect both the way in which we think about addiction, and those that suffer from it. Addictive drugs have habit-forming actions that can be localized to a variety of brain regions that can activate the reward circuitry in the brain. This class will explore the neurobiological basis of addiction and how addictive drugs produce neurochemical changes in the brain’s reward pathway. It will also explore new technologies for treatment and prevention based on brain science. Additionally, functional changes to the brain and the brain’s ability to recover after exposure to drugs of abuse, medical problems associated with substance abuse, and the use of pharmacological assists in recovery will be discussed. Finally, this and all addiction counselor classes seek to enhance the ability of the counselor to offer treatment services in a manner that respects gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, cultural, familial, systemic, and socioeconomic diversity. NOTE: This class can be taken independently, as a required course for CAT/CAS/LAC credentialing, and also as part of the Noeticus Professional Addiction Counselor - Certification Program™ (NPAC-CP).
- DATE: September 27 and 28, 2022 (Thursday & Friday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 14.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to CAC/LAC Credentialing.
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read the Handbook for Addiction Counselors (CAC/LAC), available HERE.
- CLASS CATEGORY: CAS/LAC Class.
- OBH REQUIRED INSTRUCTOR: Yes.
- PREREQUISITE(S): CAT/CAS = Pharmacology I; LAC = Pharmacology I.
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = Save an Additional 10%; Military/Veterans = Save an Additional 15%; Graduate Students = Save an Additional 20%; BBIPOC/LGBTQIA+/Social Justice Rate = Save an Additional 25%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = Save an Additional 30% (Only One Category Available; Discount Provided Automatically at Check-Out).
Sep 27 - 28th, 2022
Tue - Wed from 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Noeticus Addiction Counselor Clinical Training Program™ (NACCTP)
Zoom Live-Streaming Platform
Denver, CO 80207 Get directions
Room: Training Room