NACCTP: Advanced Motivational Interviewing
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LAC, LMFT, LPC, RN
DESCRIPTION: This class of skill development in Advanced Motivational Interviewing will initially offer a brief review of the fundamental spirit, processes, and skills of MI, and then focus intensively on clinical skills development. The training is designed to assist the counselor to develop and practice skills to assist clients to identify and strengthen intrinsic motivation for positive change. This is an advanced course in Motivational Interviewing so it is expected that the participant will be able to demonstrate the foundational MI skills by conducting a client interview using the OARS + Informing and Advising, and responding to no‐change talk (Resistance or Sustaining). The format will be interactive and experiential in nature. Participants will be afforded an opportunity to obtain focused practice and will receive individualized feedback regarding their MI skills with student and trainer ratings. There will be a brief introduction to MIA‐STEP, a format for use of MI as a supervisory tool.
- DATE: September 5 and 6, 2019 (Thursday & Friday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 14.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to CAC/LAC Credentialing.
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read the Handbook for Addiction Counselors (CAC/LAC), available HERE.
- PREREQUISITE(S): Pathways 1 & 2 = Motivational Interviewing.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = 10%; Military/Veterans = 15%; Graduate Students = 20%; Noeticus Staff/Alums = 25% (Provided at Check-Out).
Sep 5 - 6th, 2019
Thu - Fri from 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Noeticus Addiction Counselor Clinical Training Program™ (NACCTP)
303-399-9988 x 505
Holiday Inn Stapleton :: 3333 Quebec Street
Denver, CO 80207-2322 Get directions
Room: Golden Room