Filter by Category
Synthesis Project (1.0 Hours)
in 4h2 - Noeticus Addiction and Recovery Therapy: Level 2 - Practice Endorsement™ (NART-PE-2; 50.0 Contact Hours)
NCPD: 2-SF23-4h2-Noeticus Addiction and Recovery Therapy: Level 2 - Practice Endorsement™ (NART-PE-2; 50.0 Contact Hours)
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LP, LAC, LMFT, LPC, ACS
Save 20% on all standard registration categories (general, group, military/veteran, student, social justice) when purchasing this or any of our class or training packages. See details below!
DESCRIPTION: The Noeticus Addiction and Recovery Therapy: Level 2 - Practice Endorsement™ (NART-PE-2; 50.0 Contact Hours) is designed for mental health professionals interested in adding a specialization in working with substance use disorders (SUDS) to their skills set and perhaps attaining the Certified and/or Licensed Addiction Counselor credential in Colorado as well, though this is not necessary and therefore learners from outside Colorado are welcome to attend. This training package provides 50 contact hours of course content over the sequence of three classes in addition to a synthesis project. The Level 1 Practice Endorsement series covers foundational skills and concepts and the Level 2 Practice Endorsement series builds upon these with more advanced coursework. All of the coursework can be applied to the Certified Addiction Technician (CAT) and/or Certified Addiction Specialist (CAS) credentials in Colorado, though some may not be necessary for the Licensed Addiction Counselor (LAC) credential in Colorado. Pursuing the CAT/CAS/LAC is not required to participate in this training series and indeed is not really the purpose of either of these Practice Endorsements. Rather, they pull from key aspects of the full Colorado Addiction Counselor Training Program curriculum to provide mental health professionals with a generalist background with some essential tools and information needed to work effectively with addictions, substance use problems, and other compulsive or problem behaviors. All of the classes come with a file of resources that can be immediately applied to clinical work and include skills practice experientials or discussions in small groups. The three classes and synthesis project are designed to be completed in six months, but can be extended up to 12 months.
The Noeticus Addiction and Recovery Therapy: Level 2 - Practice Endorsement™ (NART-PE-2; 50.0 Contact Hours) includes the following individual trainings:
- Co-Occurring Disorders (14.0 Contact Hours)
- Infectious Diseases in Addiction Treatment (14.0 Contact Hours)
- Motivational Interviewing for Addiction Counselors (21.0 Contact Hours)
- Synthesis Project = TBD (1.0 Contact Hours)
NOTE: Training Packages are non-refundable, non-transferable to another person, and must be completed within 12 months of purchase (unless other arrangements are made). Courses must be completed in the sequence indicated. Packages must be purchased at time of original sale and cannot be purchased retroactively. Placement is contingent on availability and is not automatic. Enrollment in a Practice Endorsement does not guarantee placement in a Certification Program. Courses can be taken independently and also as part of our various Practice Endorsements and/or Certification Programs if available. IMPORTANT: The start date listed only indicates when the package is designed to begin, not when the separate classes begin. Please check individual listings for specific class start dates. Also, this training series meets partial class requirements for CAC/LAC credentials in Colorado. Additional classes, class prerequisites, work experience, clinical supervision, and examination apply. Please consult the Colorado DHA and/or DORA for specific details.
- COHORT: Offered Semi-Annually/SF 2023 Training Cohort (Twice per Year).
- DATES: The scheduled dates for this training cohort are below. These are the default dates for this package. Trainings must be taken in this sequence. If alternate dates are needed, please let us know ASAP:
- Co-Occurring Disorders = August 31 & September 1, 2023 (Th/F)
- Infectious Diseases in Addiction Treatment = July 13 & 14, 2023 (Th/F)
- Motivational Interviewing for Addiction Counselors = August 28, 29, & 30, 2023 (M/T/W)
- Synthesis Project = TBD
- TIME: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 50.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to CAT/CAS/LAC Credentialing; Applicable to the Noeticus Addiction and Recovery Therapy - Practice Endorsement™ (NART-PE) and/or the more comprehensive Noeticus Addiction and Recovery Therapy - Certification Program™ (NART-CP). NOTE: This training series meets partial class requirements for CAC/LAC credentials in Colorado. Additional classes, class prerequisites, work experience, clinical supervision, and examination apply. Please consult the Colorado DHA and/or DORA for specific details.
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read the Handbook for Addiction Counselors (CAC/LAC), available HERE.
- PREREQUISITE(S): General Mental Health Professional = None; CAT/CAS = None; LAC = None.
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process. See bottom of page for more details.
- DISCOUNTS: Purchase all three trainings separately at the General Professional rate and pay $647.00. Save 20% automatically with our Training Package and pay only $517.60 (Save $129.40; Provided at Check-Out).
- ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = Save an Additional 10%; Military/Veterans = Save an Additional 15%; Graduate Students = Save an Additional 20%; BBIPOC/LGBTQIA+/Social Justice Rate = Save an Additional 25%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = Save an Additional 30% (Only One Category Available; Discount Provided Automatically at Check-Out).
Noeticus Counseling Center and Training Institute® has been approved by NAADAC as an Approved Education Provider (AEP #151584) and NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP #6704). Programs that do not qualify for NAADAC or NBCC credit are clearly identified. All NACCTP trainings are approved by the Colorado BHA for CAC/LAC credentialing. Noeticus Counseling Center and Training Institute® is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Practice Endorsement and Certification Program - General Information
The Noeticus Center for Professional Development™ (NCPD) at Noeticus Counseling Center and Training Institute® offers a variety of Practice Endorsements (PEs) and Certification Programs (CPs) to mental health professionals and those in related disciplines seeking to deepen their focus in one particular area of practice beyond a singular course. Practice Endorsements are usually between 45.0 and 50.0 contact hours in length and typically are comprised of three, 15-hour classes, though in some cases other combinations are used to total that amount of time. If more than one Practice Endorsement is offered as part of a series, Level 1 Practice Endorsements must be completed prior to Level 2 Practice Endorsements.
Practice Endorsements offer course participants the experience of engaging in a mini-sequenced course of study with a learning cohort of like-minded professionals committed to taking the next step in their professional development. The curriculum for each of the endorsements has been carefully and coherently assembled based on thematic similarities in their content and/or application areas. Additionally, the material is shared in a way that reflects contemporary practices in adult learning theory - including both didactic and experiential learning along with ample opportunities for immediate application and building strong and lasting connections with other training participants that extend well beyond the courses themselves. IMPORTANT: Registration for a Professional Endorsement offers open enrollment to any participant, whether through individual courses or full packages.
By contrast, Certification Programs (CPs) require additional components beyond the associated courses, typically including such things as outside practice sessions, clinical consultation/supervision, skills demonstration, and/or a final certification project. In some instances, Practice Endorsements can be applied to partially fulfill the educational requirements for a Certification Program. Certification Programs are more intensive and integrative than Practice Endorsements and thus require more focus and commitment to complete, usually ranging from 100.0 to 150.0 contact hours each. IMPORTANT: Registration for a Certification Program is through application and approval only, thus open enrollment is not possible. Completion of partial credit through a Practice Endorsement does not guarantee placement in a Certification Program, therefore we encourage those interested in going through a Certification Program to apply early. For more information, please visit the prospective Certification Program website or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Practice Endorsement and Certification Program - Registration Policies
When course participants register for one of our packages, we try to place them in the first class or training that is part of that series. This helps ensure that all prerequisites are met and also maximizes the possibility of meeting and developing connections with other members of the learning cohort. In some cases, this is not possible due to scheduling conflicts, emergencies, under-enrollment, and other unexpected events. In such cases, we work individually with course participants to transfer them to the next available course or develop an alternative learning plan if necessary. Thus it is important to recognize that registration for an individual course or a particular course package does not guarantee specific placement.
Practice Endorsements and Certification Programs are built into our annual calendar of classes and trainings. Some of them are offered four times a year on a quarterly basis, others are offered twice a year on a semi-annual basis, while others are only offered once a year on an annual basis. Classes and trainings that are part of a Practice Endorsement or Certification Program can be purchased separately or as part of a class or training package. If a package registration is selected, a 20% discount will be automatically deducted from any of the standard registration categories (general, group, military/veteran, student, social justice) at the time of purchase. Class and training packages are non-refundable, non-transferable to another person, and be completed within 12 months of the date of purchase (unless other arrangements are made). Packages cannot be retroactively purchased once sales of individual classes or trainings have been completed, so be sure to select accordingly.
Practice Endorsement and Certification Program - Final Conferral
For both Practice Endorsements and Certification Programs, each course participant must submit an application to receive the final endorsement or certification once all requirements have been fulfilled as this is not automatic. The application can be downloaded HERE