Filter by Category
Special Topic: National Recovery Month - Essay Contest and CAS Package
NACCTP: National Recovery Month (NRM) Essay Contest
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LAC, LMFT, LPC, RN
Noeticus Addiction Counselor Clinical Training Program™ (NACCTP)
National Recovery Month (NRM) • Essay Contest for Mental Health Professionals Working on or with a Clinical Master's or Doctoral Degree • Win All CAS/Pathway 2 Classes!
- Prize Valid for Classes Held October 2020 through March 2021 -
As part of National Recovery Month (NRM), sponsored by the Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and National Addiction Professionals Day, sponsored by The Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC), Noeticus has created an Annual Essay Writing Contest to encourage Graduate Students and Clinicians to become Certified and/or Licensed Addiction Counselors (CAC/LAC) in Colorado.
- PRIZE: All Certified Addiction Specialist (CAS)/Pathway 2 Required Classes in Next Six Months (119 Contact Hours).
- CATEGORIES: 1) Graduate Student Category ($1,234.00 Value; Graduate Degree in a Behavioral Health Discipline); 2) New Professional Category ($1,388.70 Value; 1-5 Years Post-Graduate); and 3) Seasoned Professional Category ($1,543.00 Value; 6 or More Years Post-Graduate).
- INSTRUCTOR: Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LAC, LMFT, LPC, RN, MAC
- DATES: See List Below.
- TIME: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm All Days (Check-In at 8:30 am)
- WHERE: Zoom-Based; Online Live-Streaming Classes (until further notice).
- COST: No Cost to Contest Winners!
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 119.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to CAC/LAC Credentialing.
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read the Handbook for Addiction Counselors (CAC/LAC), available HERE.
- REQUIREMENTS: Working on or Conferred Clinical Graduate Degree in Behavioral HealthSize: Based On OBH Requirements; Please Register Early to Ensure Placement
Interested graduate students and mental health professionals in behavioral health (counseling, MFT, psychology, social work, etc.) are invited to apply for this prize by completing the free application associated with this event. Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements and must submit their completed applications between September 1, 2020 at 12:00 am and September 30, 2020 at 5:00 pm. Winners will be announced on Thursday, October 1, 2020 by 5:00 pm. Graduate students or clinicians who are not able to begin their class sequence in October 2020 and/or who are unable to attend all of the classes on the listed dates are encouraged to register for the regular CAC/LAC class package or individual CAC/LAC classes by visiting this link: http://www.noeticus.org/nacctp.html
Classes must be completed in the six month period between October 2020 and March 2021. All seven classes must be completed by the winner of the prize and must be completed in the listed sequence. Winners agree to have their names, pictures, and application essays shared. Winners must also obtain their CERTS (Colorado Educational Educational Requirements Tracking System) Student ID Number (not part of the prize package) prior to beginning their classes. OBH classes have minimum registration requirements and cannot be guaranteed. Transfers to other dates are not available unless previously authorized or resulting from under-enrollment. See Cancellation and Refund Policy for further details.
Pathway 2 / National Recovery Month CAS Class Sequence (119 Hours; Winners MUST be able to attend ALL classes in this sequence*):
- 10/05-07/20 (M/T/W): Principles of Addiction Treatment (21.0 Hours) or 04/21-23/21 (W/T/R) if October dates are too soon
- 12/02-04/20 (W/R/F): Group Counseling Skills (21.0 Hours)
- 12/17-18/20 (R/F): Professional Ethics II (14.0 Hrs)
- 01/21-22/21 (R/F): Infectious Diseases in Addiction Treatment (14.0 Hours)
- 02/03-05/21 (W/R/F): Motivational Interviewing (21.0 Hours)
- 02/18-19/21 (R/F): Pharmacology I (14.0 Hours)
- 03/18-19/21 (R/F): Pharmacology II (14.0 Hours)
* NOTE: Some classes have registration caps, if a class fills up, you will be placed in the next available class. Also, the training requirements for CAS will likely change effective April 1, 2021. We will work with you as much as possible to make sure you can complete any newly required classes.
Prize winners taking this class series (and all classes offered through the Noeticus Addiction Counselor Clinical Training Program™ (NACCTP) are encouraged to download and read the most recent edition of the Handbook for Addiction Counselors published by the Colorado Office of Behavioral Health (OBH) and available from the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA). For access to the handbook and all associated CAC and LAC related application materials, please visit the DORA website HERE.