Filter by Category
Principles of Addiction Treatment (14.0 Hours)
in 4h1 - Noeticus Professional Addiction Counselor: Level 1 - Practice Endorsement™ (NPAC-PE-1; 50.0 Contact Hours)
NACCTP: Principles of Addiction Treatment
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LP, LAC, MAC, RN, ACS
DESCRIPTION: Along with Addiction Counseling Skills and Case Conceptualization and Documentation, Principles of Addiction Treatment is considered to be part of the “Core Curriculum” and basic to the foundational training of an addiction counselor. This class presents the models of addiction, defines and outlines various types of addiction treatment, presents the National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) principles of effective treatment, and reviews the use of evidence-based treatment approaches. The competencies required of an addiction counselor and scope of practice will be reviewed along with applicable rules and professional readiness. Additionally, this and all addiction counselor classes seek to enhance the ability of the counselor to offer treatment services in a manner that respects gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, cultural, familial, systemic, and socioeconomic diversity. Additionally, this and all addiction counselor classes seek to enhance the ability of the counselor to offer treatment services in a manner that respects gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, cultural, familial, systemic, and socioeconomic diversity. NOTE: This class can be taken independently, as a required course for CAT/CAS/LAC credentialing, and also as part of the Noeticus Professional Addiction Counselor - Certification Program™ (NPAC-CP).
- DATE: October 3, 4, and 5, 2022 (Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 21.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to CAC/LAC Credentialing.
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read the Handbook for Addiction Counselors (CAC/LAC), available HERE.
- CLASS CATEGORY: CAT/LAC Class.
- OBH REQUIRED INSTRUCTOR: Yes.
- PREREQUISITE(S): CAT/CAS = None; LAC = None.
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = Save an Additional 10%; Military/Veterans = Save an Additional 15%; Graduate Students = Save an Additional 20%; BBIPOC/LGBTQIA+/Social Justice Rate = Save an Additional 25%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = Save an Additional 30% (Only One Category Available; Discount Provided Automatically at Check-Out).