Filter by Category
P2/CAS: Infectious Diseases in Addiction Treatment
NACCTP: Infectious Diseases in Addiction Treatment
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LAC, LMFT, LPC, RN
DESCRIPTION: This class emphasizes the higher risk of infectious diseases among people who have substance use problems. Anyone who is misusing substances is at higher risk for contracting and spreading infectious diseases. Understanding of diseases that might affect clients who are addicted to alcohol and other substances is a cornerstone of addiction counseling. The class helps prepare addiction professionals to screen and identify such diseases, determine client risk for infection, educate clients about disease prevention and treatment options, and assist clients in obtaining appropriate treatment as needed.
- DATE: January 21 and 22, 2021 (Thursday & Friday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 14.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to CAC/LAC Credentialing.
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read the Handbook for Addiction Counselors (CAC/LAC), available HERE.
- PREREQUISITE(S): Pathways 1 & 2 = None.
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = 10%; Military/Veterans = 15%; Graduate Students = 20%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = 25% (Provided at Check-Out).