Filter by Subcategory
Noeticus Integrative Gestalt Therapy Certification Program™ (NIGTCP)
NCPD: Integrative Gestalt Therapy I
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LAC, LMFT, LPC, ACS
DESCRIPTION: Gestalt Therapy is a somatically-oriented, experiential therapy deeply rooted in Humanistic and Existential psychology that has significantly influenced and shaped many contemporary forms of psychotherapy. Developed by Fritz and Laura Perls, Gestalt Therapy draws wisdom from many traditions including psychoanalysis, Jungian psychology, existential philosophy, Zen Buddhism, and theater improvisation. Participants in this training learn the fundamental principles of the Gestalt approach, both as a primary therapeutic modality and as a perceptual framework that can be applied to other theoretical orientations. In particular, the Gestalt Cycle of Experience will be explored as a potent model for recognizing and understanding how needs arise in the phenomenological field and how those needs can be effectively addressed. Course participants will experientially investigate the interaction between self and environment and the various defensive strategies that can truncate or become barriers to the satisfaction of those needs by blurring the relationship between self and environment. NOTE: This training can be taken independently or as one of the pre/co-requisites for the Noeticus Integrative Gestalt Therapy Certification Program™ (NIGTCP).
- DATE: October 10 and 11, 2019 (Thursday & Friday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 15.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to Integrative Gestalt Therapy Certification.
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read this book by Gestalt therapist and author Petruska Clarkson (updated by Simon Cavicchia), available HERE.
- PREREQUISITE(S): None.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = 10%; Military/Veterans = 15%; Graduate Students = 20%; Noeticus Staff/Alums = 25% (Provided at Check-Out).