Filter by Category
Motivational Interviewing Training
NACCTP: Motivational Interviewing
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LAC, LMFT, LPC, RN
DESCRIPTION: “Motivational interviewing (MI) is a client‐centered collaborative style of conversation designed to strengthen a person’s motivation for and commitment to change. MI is counselor‐guided in that the counselor is skilled at managing ambivalence, eliciting change‐talk, and honoring the client’s autonomy about taking the next step toward a commonly agreed-upon goal” (Miller & Rollnick, 2010). Over 385 studies to date have demonstrated the effectiveness of the model at increasing client engagement, retention, compliance, and improving treatment outcomes. The Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT) has identified MI as a best practice within the addiction treatment field. The CAC Clinical Training Program at the Colorado Office of Behavioral Health (OBH) is committed to a process of integrating the Motivational Interviewing style, spirit, and strategies into all levels of training and to supporting clinical supervision of motivational interviewing as a counseling style. NOTE: This training can be taken independently, as a required class for CAC/LAC credentialing, and also as part of the Noeticus Evidence-Based Approaches in Clinical Practice Certificate™ (NEBACPC).
- DATE: August 3, 4, and 5, 2020 (Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 21.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to CAC/LAC Credentialing; Applicable to the Noeticus Evidence-Based Approaches in Clinical Practice Certificate™ (NEBACPC).
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read the Handbook for Addiction Counselors (CAC/LAC), available HERE.
- PREREQUISITE(S): Pathway 1 = Addiction Counseling Skills; Pathway 2 = None.
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = 10%; Military/Veterans = 15%; Graduate Students = 20%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = 25% (Provided at Check-Out).