Filter by Category
LAC: Advanced Motivational Interviewing
NACCTP: Advanced Motivational Interviewing
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LAC, LMFT, LPC, RN
DESCRIPTION: This class of skill development in Advanced Motivational Interviewing (MI) will initially offer a brief review of the fundamental spirit, processes, and skills of MI, and then focus intensively on clinical skills development. The training is designed to assist the counselor in developing and practicing skills to assist clients in identifying and strengthening intrinsic motivation for positive change. This is an advanced course in Motivational Interviewing, so it is expected that the participant will already be able to demonstrate the foundational MI skills of conducting a client interview using the OARS + Informing and Advising microskills as well as responding effectively to no‐change talk (Resistance or Sustaining). The format will be interactive and experiential in nature. Participants will be afforded an opportunity to obtain focused practice and will receive individualized feedback regarding their MI skills with student and trainer ratings. There will be a brief introduction to MIA‐STEP, a format for use of MI as a supervisory tool.
- DATE: March 4 and 5, 2021 (Thursday & Friday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 14.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to CAC/LAC Credentialing.
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read the Handbook for Addiction Counselors (CAC/LAC), available HERE.
- PREREQUISITE(S): Pathways 1 & 2 = Motivational Interviewing.
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = 10%; Military/Veterans = 15%; Graduate Students = 20%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = 25% (Provided at Check-Out).