Filter by Category
Emotional Intelligence (7.5 Hours)
in 4j1 - Noeticus Organizational and Leadership Development: Level 1 - Practice Endorsement™ (NOLD-PE-1; 45 Contact Hours)
NCPD: Emotional Intelligence and Leadership
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LP, LAC, LMFT, LPC, ACS
DESCRIPTION: It used to be that people thought general intelligence quotient or IQ was the key to success, and although it certainly is part of that formula, Emotional Intelligence Quotient or EQ plays a very significant role too. This is because whether we are at work or at home, working as part of team or interacting with friends or family, we are in relationships that function best when Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is high. And knowing about EQ isn't enough because it's also crucial to be good at EQ. Though the term EQ was initially developed by research psychologists John Mayer and Peter Solvey in early part of the 1990s to help broaden the clinical understanding of intelligence beyond the limited dimensions of verbal and performance indicators that had become widely accepted, it was author and psychologist Daniel Goleman, PhD, who popularized it in 1994, with his book, Emotional Intelligence: Why it Can Matter More than IQ. This is when managers and leaders started seeing clearly just how high the cost was when EQ wasn't acknowledged, valued, and fostered in the workplace. This one-day training takes a closer look at the four core skills of EQ and how they can be developed and utilized in the workforce to enhance collaboration, reduce dissatisfaction, and achieve greater overall results. The four core EQ skills are: 1) self-awareness skills; 2) self-management skills; 3) social awareness skills; and 4) relationships management skills. This training further unpacks what they are, why they are important, and how to cultivate them in our own lives as managers and leaders so they can be implemented more effectively at work and hopefully beyond. NOTE: This training can be taken independently and is also part of Level I of the Noeticus Organizational and Leadership Development - Practice Endorsement™ (NOLD-1-PE) and/or the more comprehensive Noeticus Organizational and Leadership Development - Certification Program™ (NOLD-CP); Save 20% by purchasing all three Level I trainings at once; Learn more HERE.
- DATE: April 1, 2023 (Saturday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 7.5 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NBCC; HRCI, SHRM; Level I of the Noeticus Organizational and Leadership Development - Practice Endorsement™ (NOLD-1-PE) and/or the more comprehensive Noeticus Organizational and Leadership Development - Certification Program™ (NOLD-CP).
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read this book by senior trainers of Emotional Intelligence and TalentSmart® cofounders Travis Bradberry, PhD, and Jean Greaves, PhD, available HERE.
- PREREQUISITE(S): None.
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = Save an Additional 10%; Military/Veterans = Save an Additional 15%; Graduate Students = Save an Additional 20%; BBIPOC/LGBTQIA+/Social Justice Rate = Save an Additional 25%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = Save an Additional 30% (Only One Category Available; Discount Provided Automatically at Check-Out).
- PACKAGE DISCOUNT: In addition to the discounts mentioned above, save an additional 20% by purchasing the complete NOLD-PE-1 Course Package. Learn more or register HERE.