Filter by Category
E6 - CAT: Motivational Interviewing
NACCTP: Motivational Interviewing
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LP, LAC, MAC, RN, ACS
DESCRIPTION: “Motivational interviewing (MI) is a client‐centered collaborative style of conversation designed to strengthen a person’s motivation for and commitment to change. MI is counselor‐guided in that the counselor is skilled at managing ambivalence, eliciting change‐talk, and honoring the client’s autonomy about taking the next step toward a commonly agreed-upon goal” (Miller & Rollnick, 2010). Over 385 studies to date have demonstrated the effectiveness of the model at increasing client engagement, retention, compliance, and improving treatment outcomes. The Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT) has identified MI as a best practice within the addiction treatment field. The CAC Clinical Training Program at the Colorado Office of Behavioral Health (OBH) is committed to a process of integrating the Motivational Interviewing style, spirit, and strategies into all levels of training and to supporting clinical supervision of motivational interviewing as a counseling style. Additionally, this and all addiction counselor classes seek to enhance the ability of the counselor to offer treatment services in a manner that respects gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, cultural, familial, systemic, and socioeconomic diversity. NOTE: This class can be taken independently, as a required course for CAT/CAS/LAC credentialing, and/or the more comprehensive Noeticus Professional Addiction Counselor - Practice Endorsement: Level 2 (NPAC-PE-2) and/or Noeticus Professional Addiction Counselor - Certification Program™ (NPAC-CP); Save an additional 20% by purchasing the complete NPAC-PE-2 Course Package. Learn more or register HERE.
- DATE: August 29, 30, and 31, 2022 (Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 21.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to CAC/LAC Credentialing; Applicable to the Noeticus Professional Addiction Counselor: Level 2 - Practice Endorsement™ (NPAC-PE-2).
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read the Handbook for Addiction Counselors (CAC/LAC), available HERE.
- CLASS CATEGORY: CAT Class.
- OBH REQUIRED INSTRUCTOR: No (May Apply for Educational Equivalency).
- PREREQUISITE(S): CAT/CAS = Addiction Counseling Skills; LAC = N/A (Not Required).
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = Save an Additional 10%; Military/Veterans = Save an Additional 15%; Graduate Students = Save an Additional 20%; BBIPOC/LGBTQIA+/Social Justice Rate = Save an Additional 25%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = Save an Additional 30% (Only One Category Available; Discount Provided Automatically at Check-Out).
- PACKAGE DISCOUNT: In addition to the discounts mentioned above, save an additional 20% by purchasing the complete NPAC-PE-2 Course Package. Learn more or register HERE.