Filter by Category
DSM-5® and the Clinical Process
NCPD: DSM-5® and the Clinical Process
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LAC, LMFT, LPC, ACS
DESCRIPTION: Assessment, diagnosis, and intervention are a set of overlapping and integrated skills referred to as the "Clinical Process" in this dynamic training designed for new and advanced clinicians. Training participants first review the history of the DSM® and the historical contexts, cultural factors, and clinical trends associated with the publication of the DSM-5®. This is then integrated into a broader conversation about the need to locate the DSM-5® within the larger framework of the clinician's own information-gathering tools, clinical conceptualization skills, and therapeutic application capacities. Themes associated with sociocultural factors, personal identity, and life experience are focal points explored here. In addition, reinforcing the application of ethical decision-making principles and how those relate to case conceptualization and the clinical process is emphasized. The training also reviews important dimensions of using objective assessment tools in clinical practice and provides experiential opportunities to become acquainted with the suite of assessment tools associated with the DSM-5®. Finally, through active practice exercises and group discussion, learners come away from the training with clearer administrative skills designed to support them in often confusing and frustrating necessities of diagnostic coding and insurance billing. Training participants have the option of purchasing a USB flash drive with PDFs of the entire suite of assessment tools associated with the DSM-5® at an additional charge. NOTE: This training can be taken independently and is also part of the Noeticus Technical Excellence in Clinical Practice Certificate™ (NTECPC).
- DATE: September 1 and 2, 2020 (Tuesday & Wednesday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 15.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to the Noeticus Technical Excellence in Clinical Practice Certificate™ (NTECPC).
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read and/or bring the DSM-5®, available HERE.
- PREREQUISITE(S): None.
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = 10%; Military/Veterans = 15%; Graduate Students = 20%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = 25% (Provided at Check-Out).