Filter by Category
Bridges Out of Poverty (7.5 Hours)
in 4f - Noeticus Relational and Systemic Approaches - Practice Endorsement™ (NRSA-PE; 45.0 Contact Hours)
NCPD: Bridges Out of Poverty
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LP, LAC, LMFT, LPC, ACS
DESCRIPTION: Poverty is a complex social phenomenon that is connected to a broad range of individual, interpersonal, social, and institutional variables, though fundamentally all of them lead to a state of being under-resourced. Frequently families facing financial difficulties live in survival mode, which makes it difficult to have any type of realistic future orientation. What's more, support systems that may seem obvious and available to more resourced people are not available or accessible to those living with limited income. Bridges Out of Poverty is a comprehensive approach to understanding the dynamics that cause and maintain poverty from the individual to the systemic level originally articulated by educator Ruby K. Payne, PhD, and further developed by a diverse group of colleagues and trainers through her organization, aha! Process, Inc. This training is designed for professionals and community leaders working with clients facing poverty and other under-resourced states so that they might better understand and serve them. Because many social, educational, medical, therapeutic, and community-based programs are based on values, beliefs, and practices that miss the experience of those coming from less-resourced circumstances, learning to understand the hidden rules of engagement that frequently arise out of different socioeconomic levels can be both eye-opening and a game-changer for such organizations. In this training, participants examine the impact of poverty, explore the hidden cues and implicit cues frequently associated with different income groups, unpack the culture of poverty, identify practical ways to improve relationships with clients facing poverty and financial hardship, learn to analyze resources differently, and develop working mental models associated with how to build better bridges out poverty. Noeticus offers registration in this training for free to professionals and community leaders interested in developing a greater understanding of how to build bridges across sectors to achieve the ultimate goal of a more sustainable and thriving community. NOTE: This training can be taken independently and also as part of the Noeticus Relational and Systemic Approaches - Practice Endorsement™ (NRSA-PE); Save an additional 20% by purchasing the complete NRSA-PE Course Package. Learn more or register HERE.
- DATE: September 10, 2022 (Saturday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 7.5 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to the Noeticus Relational and Systemic Approaches - Practice Endorsement™ (NRSA-PE).
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read this book by Bridges Out of Poverty authors and trainers, Ruby K. Payne, PhD, Philip E. DeVol, and Terie Dreussi-Smith, MA, available HERE.
- PREREQUISITE(S): None.
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = Save an Additional 10%; Military/Veterans = Save an Additional 15%; Graduate Students = Save an Additional 20%; BBIPOC/LGBTQIA+/Social Justice Rate = Save an Additional 25%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = Save an Additional 30% (Only One Category Available; Discount Provided Automatically at Check-Out).
- PACKAGE DISCOUNTS: In addition to the discounts mentioned above, save an additional 20% by purchasing the complete NRSA-PE Course Package. Learn more or register HERE.