Filter by Category
6f - CAS/LAC: Clinical Supervision II (LAC/ACS™)
NACCTP: Clinical Supervision II
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LAC, LMFT, LPC, RN
DESCRIPTION: Motivational Interviewing (MI) is an evidence-based tool used intentionally along the entire continuum of care from prevention through recovery, in the work of substance use and process addictions. The key to supporting the consistent use of the MI spirit and skills in counseling and service provision is supervisory coaching and feedback. The aim of this class is to teach clinicians and other service providers who already have acquired MI skills, and who have or will have a supervisory role, how to observe and coach their supervisees in the proper application of these skills in diverse and integrated care environments. The Motivational Interviewing Treatment Integrity (MITI) is a template provided through the Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT) to support supervisees to use MI in joining and engaging the client while also improving client commitment to treatment during and following screening and assessment. Using the framework of this scoring and feedback technique, class participants practice effective coaching and supervisory skills to help team leaders, managers, and supervisors work with their staff to incorporate their MI skills more often and consistently. There is an emphasis on MI interview rating systems and general interview rating etiquette. Participants discuss how to use feedback to coach supervisees, practical guidelines for MI supervision, how to code in a manner that enhances clinical supervision, and implementation considerations. Additionally, this and all addiction counselor classes seek to enhance the ability of the counselor to offer treatment services in a manner that respects gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, cultural, familial, systemic, and socioeconomic diversity. NOTE: This class can be taken independently as a required course for CAT/CAS/LAC credentialing, as an educational requirement for ACS™ Certification through the CCE, as part of the Noeticus Intentional Clinical Supervision - Certification Program™ (NICS-CP), and also as part of the Noeticus Professional Addiction Counselor - Certification Program™ (NPAC-CP).
- DATE: May 6 and 7, 2021 (Thursday & Friday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 14.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to CAC/LAC Credentialing; Applicable to ACS™ Certification through the CCE; Applicable to the Noeticus Intentional Clinical Supervision in Clinical Practice Certificate™ (NICSCPC).
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read the Handbook for Addiction Counselors (CAC/LAC), available HERE.
- PREREQUISITE(S): Pathways 1 & 2 = Advanced Motivational Interviewing and Clinical Supervision I.
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = 10%; Military/Veterans = 15%; Graduate Students = 20%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = 25% (Provided at Check-Out).