Filter by Category
6c - CAS/LAC: Advanced Pharmacology (Pharmacology II)
NACCTP: Advanced Pharmacology II (Pharmacology II)
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LAC, LMFT, LPC, RN
DESCRIPTION: Neuroscience and genetic research on addiction continues to make significant progress toward understanding the changes in the brain that underlie drug use and behaviors. The research has the potential to significantly affect both the way in which we think about addiction, and those that suffer from it. Addictive drugs have habit-forming actions that can be localized to a variety of brain regions that can activate the reward circuitry in the brain. This class will explore the neurobiological basis of addiction and how addictive drugs produce neurochemical changes in the brain’s reward pathway. It will also explore new technologies for treatment and prevention based on brain science. Additionally, functional changes to the brain and the brain’s ability to recover after exposure to drugs of abuse, medical problems associated with substance abuse, and the use of pharmacological assists in recovery will be discussed.
- DATE: March 18 and 19, 2021 (Thursday & Friday).
- TIME: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 14.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to CAC/LAC Credentialing.
- PREREQUISITE(S): Pathways 1 & 2 = Pharmacology I.
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.