Filter by Category
2b - CAS Classes - Starter Package (8 of 12 LAC Classes)
NACCTP: 2-WI21-CAS Class Package
with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LAC, LMFT, LPC, RN
DESCRIPTION: The Noeticus Addiction Counselor Clinical Training Program™ (NACCTP) specializes in providing OBH-approved addiction counselor classes to mental health professionals and graduate students who have or will have a clinical graduate degree by the time they apply for their Licensed Addiction Counselor (LAC) credential, though CE/CPD learners and undergraduate students are certainly welcome to attend with prior approval. NOTE: NACCTP classes can be taken independently, as required courses for CAT/CAS/LAC credentialing, and also as part of the Noeticus Professional Addiction Counselor - Certification Program™ (NPAC-CP).
The Certified Addiction Specialist (CAS) Class Starter Package provides 119.0 hours of course content and 8 of the 12 required classes for the CAS credential as well as 8 of the 12 required classes for the LAC credential. For those pursuing the CAS credential only, the 4 remaining classes typically need to be taken through another provider (though the NACCTP occasionally offers some of them). For those pursuing the LAC credential, the 4 remaining classes are provided in the Certified Addiction Technician (CAT) Class Starter Package or all of them can be found in the LAC Class Full Package.
In other words, for those pursuing the LAC credential there are two options for completing all 12 of the required classes: 1) Purchase the CAT Starter Package (4 classes; 77.0 hours) and the CAS Starter Package (8 classes; 119.0 hours) together; or 2) Purchase the LAC Class Full Package (12 classes; 196.0 hours) separately. Either way, save 20% on all registration categories (group, military/veteran, student) when purchasing this or any of our class or training packages through Noeticus®. The CAS Class Starter Package includes the following individual classes:
- Advanced Models in Addiction Treatment (formerly Advanced Treatment Models; 14.0 Contact Hours)
- Advanced Motivational Interviewing (14.0 Contact Hours)
- Advanced Pharmacology (formerly Pharmacology II; 14.0 Contact Hours)
- Advanced Professional Ethics (formerly Professional Ethics II; 14.0 Contact Hours)
- Clinical Supervision I (21.0 Contact Hours)
- Clinical Supervision II (14.0 Contact Hours)
- Infectious Diseases in Addiction Treatment (14.0 Contact Hours)
- Treating Diverse Populations (14.0 Contact Hours)
The eight (8) classes can be completed in as little as six months or can be extended up to 12 months. NOTE: All Noeticus® Class and Training Packages are non-refundable, non-transferable to another person, and must be completed within 12 months of date of purchase (unless other arrangements are made). NACCTP classes can be taken as an educational requirement for CAT/CAS/LAC credentialing through OBH/DORA or as continuing education (CE) or continuing professional development (CPD) only. Additionally, these and all addiction counselor classes seek to enhance the ability of the counselor to offer treatment services in a manner that respects gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, cultural, familial, systemic, and socioeconomic diversity. IMPORTANT: The start date listed here only indicates when the package goes on sale, not when the classes begin. Please check individual listings for specific class start dates.
- COHORT: Winter 2021 Class Cohort.
- DATES: The eight (8) classes typically begin with the first available CAT class in the specified cohort after registration and continue until they are complete unless a class is full or a prerequisite has not been met yet. If a specific sequence is needed, please let us know ASAP.
- TIME: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- CE CONTACT HOURS: 119.0 Contact Hours.
- CE APPROVALS: DORA, NAADAC, NBCC; Applicable to CAT/CAS/LAC Credentialing.
- RECOMMENDED TEXT: Participants may find it helpful to read the Handbook for Addiction Counselors, available HERE.
- PREREQUISITE(S): Participants are responsible for ensuring their class sequence meets any prerequisites associated with their level of credential.
- PAYMENT PLAN: A payment plan can be established through the online registration process.
- DISCOUNT: Buy all eight (8) classes separately at the General Professional rate and pay $1,642.00. Save 20% automatically with our Class Package and pay only $1,313.60 (Provided at Check-Out). Payment plans are available through the registration process.
- ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTS: Groups of 3+ = Save an Additional 10%; Military/Veterans = Save an Additional 15%; Graduate Students = Save an Additional 20%; Noeticus Staff/Former Staff = Save an Additional 25% (Provided at Check-Out).